August 04, 2004

the cause of today's asthma attack

Both Jess and I find it supremely funny that a boy was bitten by a monkey, of all things, in a Key Food, of all places. I nearly pissed myself on the subway yesterday as I read the story in the paper. I was not the least bit surprised to discover that Jess found humor in this as well. Today, she recaps some of the unintentionally funny reporting in NYC's two top tabloids. Fellow asthmatics, get your albuterol ready. I certainly needed a drag on the inhaler after reading this compilation.

Update!! Lachlan over at My So-Called Blog has written a very funny piece on the chomping monkey as well. She quotes an article where the term "rogue monkey" is used. HA HA HA HA! I nearly tinkled in my drawers all over again. I'm putting that on my list of possible names should I ever start a band. "Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm round of applause to... Rogue Monkey!"