April 28, 2005

if it's not a personal question

The Younger Sister is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We have mutual friends and interests and share many of the same tastes and sensibilities. Even scarier, we also share the same sense of humor. Yup, that means there's more than one of me! Run away! Run away!

For the hearty few that remained, I shall continue...

So the Younger Sister and I chatted on the phone last night and got all caught up. One of the topics covered was the health of her friend's mother. The poor woman was recently ill thanks to the gross incompetence of the hospital that treated her.
Yours Truly: How's So-and-So's mom doing?

Younger Sister: A lot better!! She's almost fully recovered.

Yours Truly: That's good. So is she going to sue the pants off that hospital?

Younger Sister: I'm not sure. I didn't really ask.

Yours Truly: You mean you didn't wedge that question in between "How much money do you make?" and "When did you lose your virginity?"

Younger Sister: No, I usually wait until after I've asked a grown woman her real age.

Yours Truly: Personally I would slip it in after "When was your last bowel movement?"

Younger Sister: I like to bypass that one and go straight to "Do you have the occasional stray hair sprouting from your nipples?"
And then we cracked up for 20 minutes as we envisioned ourselves going to some serious conference or lecture and posing these questions during the Q&A. We got roughed up and kicked out and everything. Ah, the joys of visualization.

You know, some sisters stengthen their bond through personal stories, deep revelations and all that other mushy stuff. Us McDimple Girls rely on cheeky irreverence, jokes about hairy nips and the occasional ABBA song to do the trick, with great success I might add. You can suck on it, Dr. Phil.